The back of this Palace is Ridiculous!

The back of this Palace is Ridiculous!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

You take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll get to Scotland before you...

Ello Readers,

It has been quite a hectic past week and a half so I have not been able to blog. Last weekend I went to St. Andrews Scotland with my parents and it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. Not only is the town of St. Andrews absolutely adorable but the landscape was awe inspiring. We stayed at the Rusacks which is a cute little 200 year old inn that is on the 18th green of St. Andrews golf course. You may have seen it on TV during this years Open Championship. I didn't do a whole lot while I was there except traipsing through the little town and wandering the beach in search of pretty sea shells. It was so relaxing and peaceful and exactly what I needed after my crazy first week in London. The weather was gorgeous and unseasonably warm for Scotland, it was in the 70's and sunny most of the days we were there. Except that one morning when my dad called me at the butt-crack of dawn to let me know he got a tee time at the famous Old Course, and he insisted on me braving the cold down pour to fetch his tennis shoes. Oh the things I do for my father's golf obsession.

When we got back to London that Sunday night I made the best discovery I have made thus far, MEXICAN FOOD! I was fully prepared to live with out my chips and salsa for 5 months but, alas Chilango's will provide me with Mexican deliciousness for the duration of my stay in London Town! They have margaritas and every other mexican staple, oh and to top it off they have FREE REFILLS on DIET COKE! The Lord provides for his faithful, is all I have to say. Free Refills in London is like The Cub's winning a World Series, it's unheard of! (As a side note, I do not want the Cub's to win a World Series). Monday was my Golden Birthday and we celebrated it with the Queen's Bling and a Marg! I went to Saint Paul's Cathedral (beautiful churches make me wish I wasn't Baptist), Tower of London, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey. Eventful Golden Birthday, filled with family and my new friend who bought me flowers for my birthday. I got a little teary eyed at this very sweet gesture! And then we all had Margs!!:):):):)

I started school on Tuesday, second to last term!!! Masters here I come! It is going to be a very jam packed term, fully of the usual useless papers and presentations. I am getting a head start on taming the relentless readings today, hoping to keep ahead of things and not be a nervous wreck in 6 weeks. I have to keep telling myself I am almost done! Well that is all for now!


With Love From Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment